What types of programs are available?
All programs listed within our program directory are approved for Point Loma students.
Take a PLNU course with one of your PLNU professors in another country! Typically, faculty-led programs are offered as intensive summer programs that last 2-4 weeks. However, we also offer a couple of semester-long options. In most cases, professors take an experiential approach to teaching, with much of the learning taking place in and around host city museums, architectural sites, companies, and national parks or field sites. See some of our upcoming faculty-led programs.
PLNU has developed strategic partnerships with reputable universities around the world to offer students unique opportunities for study, research, and internships abroad. Students enroll directly in classes at our partner campuses for a semester or year, allowing them to be academically and culturally immersed in the host community while completing coursework to fulfill G.E. and major or minor requirements. Current partners include:
- James Cook University, Australia
- Kansai Gaidai University, Japan
- Korea Nazarene University, South Korea
- National University of Ireland Galway, Ireland
- SIAS International University, China
- University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- University of Otago, New Zealand
- Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador
- USFQ Galápagos Academic Institute for the Arts & Sciences, Ecuador
- University of Salamanca, Spain
- University of the Western Cape, South Africa
The widest range of program, course, and location options are offered through our affiliated study abroad organizations. These programs have been reviewed and approved by the Office of Global Studies for their academic quality, student support, and commitment to intercultural learning. Students may take courses at host universities or U.S. study centers abroad.
Please note: Students apply for all program types through the Office of Global Studies application portal.